I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quilt Your Heart Out

 I was going to wait until I got my Wonky Stars Quilt quilted before I linked up with Leah Day's UFO Sunday, but decided, it may not be until to later tonight. So, here I am.

I had a pretty productive Saturday with this quilt. I was at a stand still until I received MORE Kona Ash fabric in the mail on Friday. This is the second time I ran out of Kona Ash, making it my third purchase.:S As you can see in the photo, the dye lots are different, making it a not so perfect match, even though it is the same fabric. OH,well...............

This is the design I chose to quilt this quilt with. Not sure of the name, but it is by Elizabeth Hartman. I kind of feel like a traitor using this design as opposed to the many BEAUTIFUL designs that Leah has given us free reign over(sorry Leah). But this design just went so perfectly with the quilt. And with the awesome stippling skills Leah has armed me with, it was very easy for me to stitch out. Ask me to stitch out this design a year ago, I don't think it would have been so easy.  THANKS, LEAH!!!!!!


I have it nearly half quilted. The binding is made and ready to go. I am hoping to get it finished either tonight or tomorrow. At least in time to enter the Bloggers Quilt Festival for the 2 color quilt category. I know I can make it!!

I did manage to also finish my trapped paisley sample, but not in time to link up.

That's all for now. I have a few errands to run then back to quilting my heart out!







15 comments:

  1. Traitor! LOL! Honestly I think it's kind of silly to say a design is "mine" or "hers" or whatever. To me that looks like a zigzaggy line and I call it Zippling, but that doesn't apply any kind of ownership. It just makes it easier to keep up with all of them to have a name! So enjoy stitching it and call it whatever you want - it's YOUR quilt!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know!! Actually, Zippling came to mind too. I think I met somewhere in the middle!

      Delete
  2. The quilting design on the wonky stars is perfect! Even if you chose a Leah design, everyone has their own style! I love her response! Your trapped paisley looks great - of course putting it on orange (my favorite color) makes it 'extra' great! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I'm taking a liking to orange lately myself;) And all the FMQ I agree. We can all do the same design and they will all look different.

      Delete
  3. It looks wonderful, I hope you are nearly finished and best of luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, your FMQing looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your start quilt. The FMQ you picked perfectly works with the quilt too. At first I also thought that this was zippling FMQ from Leah. Looks like Leah has covered all grounds in FMQ world ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of zippling too. i think I got a mixture of both ;)

      Delete
  6. Like Leah says, it is YOUR quilt and it is wonderful - love your workmanship and decisions!

    ReplyDelete