I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Amy's Creative Side
I have been working hard to get my quilt done in time to participate in the Bloggers Quilt Festival hosted by Amy's Creative Side. I finished this afternoon!

 Wonky Stars In Stripes (front)

(back)

This will be a Christmas present for my step-daughter Megan. Purple, being her favorite color, was the inspiration. I hand dyed Kona white in several shades of purple. Initially, I wasn't to happy with the outcome. Then I showed it to her and told her I was going to try to over-dye it and fix it. Her response was,"DON'T TOUCH IT! I LOVE IT!" OhhhKayyyy! 

I decided on the wonky stars because they just looked fun to do. And after Elizabeth Hartman's Creative Quilt Backs, a FREE Craftsy class, I knew it would be the perfect way to use up the rest of the purple dyed fabric.


 Here is a close up of the quilting. I thought this design was perfect for the stars. I based it on Elizabeth Hartman's Pointy Meander and Leah Day's Zippling. I think I met somewhere in between;)


I finished adding the binding this afternoon, crossing one name off my Christmas list, and just in the nick of time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. This is such a fun event. Maybe NOW, I will have time to view all of the lovely quilt entries!

Quilt Stats
Measures: 67in.x72in.
Special Techniques: Free form piecing, free motion quilted
Quilted by: Danielle Hudson(me) on my Janome P-QC(domestic machine)
Best Category: Two color quilt,  Bed Quilt,  Home Machine Quilted Quilt

** I used Kona Ash & Kona White (dyed in purples) **



25 comments:

  1. That's a great quilt! I can see why she wouldn't let you 'fix' it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope she likes the finished product as much as she did the dyed fabric!!

      Delete
  2. It is perfect! The color, the stars, the quilting, the back - all of it is absolutely perfect! Megan will love it! You did an awesome job! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne. I'm not sure if I love it, but I hope she does:)

      Delete
  3. Its beautiful, and the quilting design looks great! No wonder she did not want you to 'fix' the dye, looks really nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just hope she likes it. She is pretty picky:S

      Delete
  4. I love it. Simple and effective. The back rocks just as much as the front too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had to go simple. My Christmas deadline is closing in on me. I have 2 1/2 don, 2 1/2 to go;)

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful. Thank you for entering this in the festival. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty gift for your step daughter. I've never dyed fabric before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt. Wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome! Your hard work paid off :-).
    Love the quilt back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice quilt, Danielle! Love the dyed Kona as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It was fun to dye the fabric, but not something I'm ready to dive into;)

      Delete
  10. What a creative simple quilt! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity of your design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I look at all the great quilts and I hope I didn't go to simple!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue and white give such a clean look. Nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete