I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!! Here is my two youngest, right before they set out to beg for candy. Drew is of course Mario, and Ash...well...my husband dubbed her Bloody Mary :) I feel a little guilty. It's the first year I didn't go with them. My husband went;) Still waiting for them to get back.

Here is my Jagged Lines. I think I failed at this one. I have a confession to make. I DID NOT WATCH THE VIDEO. This goes to show just how valuable Leah's videos are. I have been so busy trying to finish my wonky star quilt, and just living daily life, that I didn't get to it. I thought it looked simple enough. HA!  Maybe I should watch the video and  try again.

Better news.



I got a sweet little package in the mail today:) Check out what was inside.



Terri from The Fox's Den sent me this for her blogiversary. She made it from Jeni of In Color Order's lined drawstring tutorial. I absolutely love everything! Thanks, Terri!!!!!


I'm linking up with  Leah Day of  The Free Motion Quilting Project.

One last thing.......

I got my Wonky Star Quilt done! Blogged here. I entered it into the Bloggers Quilt Festival. If you think I am worthy of a nomination In the 2 color quilt category, bed quilt category or home machine category, I would be so thankful! I'm quilt #434 
 
 Kids got home, tired and full of candy as I was writing this blog:) I'm gonna go steal some candy now!

One last thing...for real... My husband just handed me $600 to put in the bank for bills. Wanna know what he said? " Don't buy fabric with it!" haha.....oops! Okay Dear husband. I will buy Leah's Craftsy class instead!  Nite, all................

18 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Your Jagged Lines doesn't look bad! The video showed me that the lines usually meet at a jag. You'll get another chance this week when you do Lost Data (oh, I love that name!). Enjoy the candy! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, although at one point, I started to worry that Leah lost some data, LOL

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you like it! And, oh my gosh, your Wonky Star quilt looks awesome! I love the look of 2 color quilts, but I personally never have the patience for them. I'm not entering anything in the festival, but I'd be happy to participate by nominating your quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't like it, I LOVE it! Wish you could have seen the big ole smile on my face when I opened it! I never received a gift from someone else who sews. Usually I'm the one handing out hand crafted gifts.Thank you so much! And thanks for a nomination!! I know, I'm shameless. But it is an election year and I'm just campaigning for myself;)

      Delete
  3. Talking about shameless. My quilt is #59 in the scrap quilt category. No, seriously , happy to nominate yours. It is a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nominated you!! It took me over an hour just to figure out all my nominations! Whew!

      Delete
  4. Your Jagged Lines looks just fine to me! Any reason you missed the video? Are they getting too long? I recently checked the stats and the average watch time was around 5 minutes, and the average video is longer than 10. Something I'm thinking about...

    Thanks for the link to the awesome Quilted Fox blog - LOVE her photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO,no,no! You videos aren't to long at all! The point of my post is I do better after watching them! I just had a really busy week. I was focusing on getting the wonky star quilt done in order to submit to the bloggers quilt festival. Plus, I work a full time job!
      Keep doing what you are doing!

      Delete
  5. Your quilting always looks great, video or no video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Wonky Star Quilt! And your jagged lines are super. Don't be too perfectionistic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I can't help it. We are our own worst critics.

      Delete
  7. Happy Holloween!
    That's a beautiful quilt.
    Your last comment was so funny! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't actually say that to him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him;)

      Delete
  8. I love, love, love wonky stars - they're so much fun to make. Seeing your quilt makes me want to go make one right now. :) It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! You should! They are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did watch the video, but apparently "missed" some of the key mental nudges I needed to link my gaps to the jagged lines. You managed to do the link on your own. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I did MUCH better with Lost Data. And I did watch this time! I also drew a line right through the middle so I didn't wonder off to bad. It seemed to help;)

      Delete