I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A finished and an unfinished project





 I recieved my hardware Saturday(finally) to finish up my new purse.


 I have been dying to transfer the contents of my old purse. It needed cleaning out so badly! I think I may have lost about 10lbs worth of crap in the transfer, LOL!


Here are the swivel hooks, In place! I love how it looks. Although it wasn't part of the original plan, I think they add something special to the bag. Hardware really does enhance the look of your bag!

Here it is!!! The strap turned out to be the perfect length for me. It will be a good model for future purses:)

I have also been working on my second quilt for my pending twin nieces.

I used most of the DS fabrics I have been collecting.27 different ones to be exact. I think I have 34. I am using one of Elizabeth Hartman's patterns. It's called Crazy Nine Patch Lattice Quilt and she has a tutorial on her blog Oh, Fransson.

Here is the layout.

In retrospect, I wish I would have used and orange solid for the background.  But the Kona snow , is bought, paid for, and washed. So, I gotta stick with the plan. My budget doesn't have room for fabric changes:(  I also think I would look better if I had stayed in one color family of different values. Unfortunately, I don't have a stash like Elizabeth Hartman with 27 prints of the same color:O

This pattern is coming together pretty quickly. Only a few sections to put together, Then on to the back! I'm hoping to get it finished by next weekend.

I'm linking up with Leah Day at the Free Motion Quilting Project and Diane Bohn from blank pages.

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your purse! Did you use a pattern? The baby quilt will be darling. I too am trying to just use fabric I have on hand - not always my first choice but as long as it works... Have a great week! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of. I took the Craftsy class Design Your Own Handbag and she shows you how to make your own pattern.

      Delete
  2. Love the purse. It the front zipper just decorative or is it functional? Great hardware on it.

    The quilt is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's both! The main thing is the decorative element, but it opens up to a pocket too!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purse! It looks great! I haven't used a lot of hardware in purses or bags. You make me want to try some out. :) Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used rings on my first bag. I think I'm going to try out some other types of hardware in the future. It's so polished looking!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that purse looks so good! Look at that zipper pocket inside. I was looking at that class and you may have just convinced me to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a GREAT zipper method! I really learned a lot from the class.

      Delete
  6. i love the look of the bag with the hardware, I might have to start working with some of that.

    I also love the scrappy look of the baby quilt and I think it looks happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! i think hardware just gives it that extra something, even if its just a metal zipper;)

      Delete