I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Handbag

I'm haveing fun making bags. Nevermind I have another baby quilt to make for my Sister-in-laws twins. I've had this bag in mind for a couple of weeks,and I got i finished today.

I love it! I love the way the zipper up and down looks. It's not ergonomically correct, but it sure does look cool;) And it is functional.But I hate the strap. I had to make the strap to accommodate the only size gold O-ring I could find locally. I like my straps to be 1 1/2 in. I just think they look and feel better. Especially on a bag of this size.(It's quite roomy:) But of course I was to impatient to order any bigger rings. So I had to make the strap 1 in. That 1/2 in. makes a big difference in the look.

Yep. The bigger (wider) strap looks better. Fortunately, It can be fixed. Unfortunately, I will have to ORDER more hardware.

This is my answer. Now I wait. Guess I wont get to use my new bag just yet:(


8 comments:

  1. Hi...jealousy plus. That looks great...how big is that bag? I have no idea when it comes to bags. Found an easy pattern recently and might just have to try it...the instructions usually bamboozle me. Your bag looks very complicated with the zipper in the front...but how effective. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I forgot how big it is, haha. Its' about 15in wide by 13in tall. I took the Craftsy class Design Your Own Handbag with Brett Bara. She gives a lot of great info! Really, it's not overly complicated. You can do it!

      Delete
  2. That looks awesome! Its nice to see you back on the blogging world. Was wondering were you have been in January.

    Happy quilting!
    Malini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Great for going incognito in the jungle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! Cause you never know when you're gonna need that, haha!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, I like it! The zipper is great! I agree about the strap. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! Still waiting impatiently for the hardware to arrive so I can fix it. I'm sure I was frowning after I checked my mailbox today!

      Delete