I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival



Here is my Bloggers Quilt festival Entry. This is a baby quilt measuring 39"X54". I always like to make my baby quilts a little big so there is room to grow through the toddler years.

I used Elizabeth Hartman's free pattern Crazy Nine-Patch Lattice. I also used all DS prints. I don't normally use pre-cuts, but this would be a great pattern to use a layer cake with!!



I love the back! This is the first time I have tried a curved corner on a quilt! How EASY!!!! And I love that the corners won't poke the baby. I think all future baby quilts will be made this way;)


I used Leah Day's Circuit Board design. I quilted it quite big for maximum baby softness:)

This is one of 2 quilts I made for my sister-in -law. May 16, 2013 (YESTERDAY)she gave birth to 2 bouncing baby girls, Emma and Lillian.

Aren't my new Nieces cute, hilarious, awesome?? These first pictures are showing a lot of personality!!!!Emma got this quilt, and Lillian got a simple brick pattern quilt with some AWESOME fabrics!!!!!

Now, off to check out Blogger Festival Quilts!!


14 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt for your adorable nieces! I have been looking at wonky quilts to try. This is the first one that I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your nieces! I'd have loved to have received a quilt like that when my babies were born :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and cheerful. I love the wonk and I love the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great entry! Love it and the quitting. The back and the curved corners are icing on the cake! Your new nieces are adorable! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great. Great fabrics to use in that design. And the twins are totally gorgeous. So pleased they turned up in time for the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my cuteness - both the quilt and the babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definitely have to try this pattern . . . pinned! you did a nice job. your nieces are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wonky blocks! And the rounded corners are really great! Congrats on the new nieces. They are adorable!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt - and awesome idea about the corners!

    Congrats on the new nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the slightly wavy lines of the quilting - to me they give it a handmade, vintage look. I did not know about Leah Day and popped over to see her site. I think I have found my next direction in improving my quilting! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun quilt! Those curved corners are pretty darn spiffy. Congrats on your beautiful new nieces! :)

    ReplyDelete