I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello Kitty Quilt...Check!


The Hello Kitty Quilt is DONE! This may technically be a UFO since I bought the fabric about 5 years ago with the intentions of making a quilt. I just didn't have the guts back then to make such a large one. It measures 56in x 74in. Is that a twin? That's what I was going for. I put it in the washer and dryer before bed last night. Good thing. My daughter, Ashley, was sick this morning. So I took it out of the dryer and put it on her. I said, " Here is your quilt, maybe it will make you feel better:)" It took me approx 3 weeks to make. A little longer if you count the time my machine was down and there was no sewing going on. I feel so accomplished! I have two finishes for the year! One mini, Good Morning, Sunshine, and Hello Kitty!! YAY!

I quilted 14 different quilting motifs. Considering my attention span and boredom level, this seems to be a good way for me to quilt! Here they are.











I know the photography is bad, but they were taken at night. =/

Question Thursday: Leah, I don't rally have a question, but rather a comment. I took your advise. I left ALL of the mistakes and imperfections in my quilt. I figured, who cares??? I just kept on going and with each motif, I found I was really getting a good rhythm as I went along. Besides, this quilt is for snuggles, not shows!  Hope you get to see this comment because I edited it in:)

16 comments:

  1. Looks great! The fun FMQ patterns you chose are perfect for a little girl's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It's so hard to decide which ones to do sometimes!

      Delete
  2. Very cute quilt and I really like your FMQ... all 14 of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thanks!!I'm just glad I have a finish!!!

      Delete
  3. Your quilting is amazing! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, beautiful, beautiful job on the 14 different patterns!! It looks absolutely great!

    I'm with you - the quilt is for snuggles....not for shows.

    I especially like the flowers with loops. Is that your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait you said flowers with loops. no, not mine either. Its just a general quilting motif...who knows where that one came from, but I first saw it on youtube by a great quilter named Patsy Thompson. Check out this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfIleOwPp6g&feature=related I guess she might have invented it, but i doubt it

      Delete
  5. haha, no, not my design. Its Leah Day's..Its called spinning daisy. And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your daughter was ill - but it must have made you feel wonderful to be able to present her with this nice quilt! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe - wonderful quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy! Very cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific! Leave in those mistakes because it takes too much time to rip them all out! I love your blog background by the way - it looks like McTavishing!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! and I really don't have time to correct them. I think if you get to anal, it kinda takes the fun out of it!

      Delete
  10. Very nice!!! You are such a pro at the FMQ!!! I don't see any mistakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, but YES there are. I just didn't photograph them for everyone to see:P

      Delete