I'M HERE TO INSPIRE AND BE INSPIRED!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Straight Lines?



Well, not exactly. I had to work through some tension issues. I think my machine just needed a good oiling. I learned that I did the best pulling the fabric. I couldn't see where I was going when I pushed it. Going right or left I had the least control. This was a bit boring. so I didn't finish the whole cloth that I cut. I think I will save the rest of the space to test out tension. 
T-E-N-S-I-O-N
I keep spelling that with a tion. Thanks spell-check!



This little quilt sandwich was intended to just test tension. So there are tension issues. I know, it should probably just have lines and wavy lines, BUT THEY ARE BORING. So, I get a little carried away:)


Here's my question for Leah:
Please look at the photos below. the first one (the front side)of pebbling has little knots. Could this be the result of thread. I used Coats and Clark embroidery thread (color peacock). It was thicker than the Isacord that is the white thread. The white tension is all wrong on the pebbling, I know.
The next photo is on the back up close of the flower. Were the flower meets the little 2 leaves there is a big blob of thread build up. Is this normal, acceptable, how it's supposed to look. Like, if I were to enter a quilt in a show and I had areas like this, would I get a big thumbs down?




Anyhoo, that's all for today. Can't wait to link up with Leah tomorrow!


14 comments:

  1. Your stiches looks nice and your design is lovely. We are doing this to learn, and we are learning. Hugs Jofrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, striving for perfection is hard!

      Delete
  2. You got very beautifully carried away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! I was looking at these henna tatoos and thought what great quilting patterns they would make.. Actually, I have seen a lot of similarities between the two.

      Delete
  3. LOVE you little test sandwich! I get those little knotty things if I stutter/kind of stay in place too long. Your quilting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well then I'm screwed! It takes a few seconds to decide where to go sometimes!:S

      Delete
  4. I have that same problem with the lines. Going left and right is difficult. I need more practice at that. Also, following lines when I can't see where I am going!!! Regarding the knots, I get those when I stay in one place too long or when I travel over the same line too many times. Good luck! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need more practice to. Although I stated how boring I found it, I know it is necessary

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one that had issues going left and right! Yours looks really good! I also get knots if I stay in one spot for about 3 or 4 stitches - about as long as it takes me to decide where to go! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess I will have to work on the knot issue:P

      Delete
  6. Like Jeanne I get those little knots if I pause to think ( about direction or whatever) and forget to take my foot off the pedal quickly enough :-)

    Your stitches are lovely and even!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are having tension issues but your quilting is just wonderful....can I be like you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I clicked to enlarge your photos - really can enjoy the stitching - how creative you are in your piece - so many beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your flower. It reminds me of Queen's Anne Lace. You did a great job on it! Keep up the good work. I hope you resolve the tension issues. I had a bit of that when I changed my thread while working on feathered plumes for the FMQ Challenge. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog about my feathered plumes. I will keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete